Debra Parker is the only lawyer in Canberra with Specialist Accreditation in two areas (family law and dispute resolution).
As Founding Director of Parker Coles Curtis, Debra Parker doesn’t do things by halves. Debra’s meticulous but practical method makes family law less daunting.
With a stellar legal and court career, community justice and equality engagements, combined with living abroad in France and raising a large family, Debra knows that family law problems can be diverse and complicated.
She understands that sensible solutions deliver the best outcomes.
An early pioneer of alternate dispute resolution in Canberra, with a 10-year appointment as Registrar of the Family Law Courts, Debra’s no-nonsense, forthright approach has earned her high regard among her peers and the judiciary.
Her sound, bespoke and pragmatic advice spans the full spectrum of family law issues.
- Family Lawyer of the Year 2020, APAC Insider
- Accredited Specialist, Family Law
- Accredited Specialist, Dispute Resolution
- Doyle’s Guide Leading Family & Divorce Lawyer (ACT) (2015 – 2020)
- Doyle’s Guide Leading Mediator (ACT) (2015 – 2020
- Finalist, 2020 Lawyers Weekly Australasian Mediator of the Year Awards
- Finalist, 2019 Lawyers Weekly Australasian Mediator of the Year Awards
- Accredited Mediator Australian Institute of family law arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM)
- Accredited Mediator with the Attorney Generals Department
- Accredited Arbitrator with the Attorney General’s Department
- Accredited Collaborative lawyer (Monash University VIC)
- Member International Academy of Family Lawyers
- Nationally Accredited Mediator (NMAS AGD Approved Standards)
- NSW Law Society List of Approved Mediators
- Bond University Mediation and Arbitration course
- University of Adelaide Bachelor of Laws