PACIFICA CONGRESS ENDORSED
Parent Coordination training is designed to equip eligible mental health, family law and FDR practitioners with the skills to practise as parenting coordinators.
Parenting Coordination is a child focussed management and dispute resolution process in which a mental health or legal practitioner with Family Dispute Resolution (FDR) or mediation training and experience assists compromised and high conflict parents to create and maintain healthy relationships with their children if reasonably possible by:
The purpose the training is to offer knowledge and or skills in the process for professionals who may work with separated families, especially those in high conflict, who can assist then in the ongoing management of their interactions and to support better management of conflict and enable better outcomes for the children in these families.
The course will include academic research and recent articles, honing drafting skills specific to parenting coordination, upgrading mediation skills appropriate for parenting coordination, role-plays, practical advice, supervision, a training manual, and personal assessments with a view to train the delegates to become suitably qualified and ready to practice as Parenting Coordinators.
• Trainers will include current professionals from the Parenting Coordinators field both Australian and international spheres.
• This training is suitable If you would like to enhance your knowledge of this process.
• This training will also offer endorsement to be on the
Pacifica Congress register of parenting Coordinators, subject to eligibility.
The course will be both informative and practical and delegates are to be prepared for interaction and participation, including the writing of any non-binding recommendations.
Pacifica Congress proposes to endorse Parenting Coordinators who have met the criteria below and successfully completed this training course.
Course registration criteria
To register for this course, you must be a mental health or family law professional or certified and qualified family dispute resolution practitioner in accordance with the Family Law Act 1975.
You must also have had training and experience in family dispute resolution and/or mediation, and extensive practical professional experience with family cases involving high conflict coparenting dynamics.
Why choose this course?
• Comprehensive training provided by highly experienced Australian and international presenters.
• A dynamic and intensive program developed specifically for mental health, legal and family dispute resolution practitioners.
• Interactive and experiential teaching methods including role plays, supervision and assessment.
• Inclusion of your professional details on the Pacifica Parenting Coordinators public database after successful course completion and endorsement.
This 5-day course runs from 23 to 27 October 2023, 9am to 5pm daily
$2,800 inc. GST (members)
$3,200 inc. GST (non-members)
Melbourne CBD – VET Development Centre
Level 8, 379 Collins Street, Melbourne